Presented By: The Susan Hirt Hagen Center and the Wittenberg University Cinema Studies Department
The Witt Film Fest 2017 is open to students from Wittenberg University, Urbana University, Cedarville University, Clark State Community College and Clark County high schools. Students will create a short video that incorporates character and setting to tell a story about why unity is important today. Upon completion, the students will be able to attend a red carpet event at Wittenberg University with guest judges, who will award the top videos created!
Film Prompt: Please create a 2-5 minute film expressing why unity is important today through narrative. Be creative and use story elements to share your message. Upon submission you will be asked to submit the film, a short introduction to yourself, and a brief description of your positive message. All approved submissions will be shown with live judges at 5:30 pm on April 20th, 2017 at our Red Carpet Event in Kissell Auditorium (Koch Hall) on the campus of Wittenberg University!
Film Categories: College Students, Clark County High School Students
Dates to Remember
- March 15st – April 17th – Registration and Film Production
- April 17th (by 5PM) – Film Submission Deadline
- April 20th 2016 (5:30 PM) – Red Carpet Event
- Films must be within 4-5 minutes in length exactly and follow the given prompt.
- Submissions must be received by April 17th, 2017.
- All College Students and Clark County Students are eligible, whether or not those students are participating in a film class.
- Only one submission per student or group will be accepted.
- All films must meet appropriate standards of respective universities and the Clark County School District.
- The use of copyrighted material is prohibited. Films have the opportunity to be placed in a collection on our YouTube channel assuming submissions contain no copyrighted material that we do not possess the right to use.
- Submissions from Springfield City School District and Clark Career and Technology Center will require photo/video releases from all students pictured in the films.
We reserve the right to add to submission guidelines and deny submissions at our discretion.